Sunday, July 15, 2007

Relax my back

For the past few days, I've been dealing with a bum back -- lower back to be precise. It doesn't hurt so long as I don't move the lower portion of my back. No leaning forward or backward, side to side seems okay if limited in range.

No one thing set it off, it was probably a combination of factors. The more I think about it, it was probably a long time in coming. There were warning signs. So now it's just rest, time, and a little tiny pill now and again (say every 4-6 hours as needed.)

While I can't unscramble the egg that is my back, at least I can prevent it from happening again. I'm gonna reevaluate the ergonomics of my life and daily routine. Maybe it's time I invested in a kneeling chair for the time I spend typing at the computer. Perhaps I'll have to rethink my wheels and chuck the sports car for something with more headroom and an easier entry and exit profile. I should definitely stop eating meals in front of the TV sitting on the floor at the tea table, definitely.

And may a little more yoga in my life would do me good. I used to be quite limber in my day, Gumby they used to call me. But alas, those days are past. Maybe I can reclaim them?

No comments: