In case you didn't know (and how would you) . . . I'm into science fiction. Have been since I was a wee little lad. I've read my fair share of sci-fi novels and short stories, and seen more than my fair share of movies and television shows. In fact, one of my favorite channels is the Sci-Fi cable network which airs Stargate: SG-1, Stargate: Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica, which are some of my favorite shows on TV.
So imagine my delight in stumbling upon the blog of Stargate writer and producer, Joseph Mallozzi, "Thoughts and Tirades, Rants and Ruminations" on Blogger. Now, while I have never met Mr. Mallozzi, I feel a special connection with him, as if we are kindred spirits . . . can I call him Joseph? Joe? Joey. See, not only do we both share a love of science fiction in general, and Stargate in particular, but we also share a common, heartfelt love of food -- I eat it at least once a day, if not more, just as he does.
(Now granted, I don't post blogs and photos about the gastronomical delights I consume on a near daily basis, but that may have more to do with not living in Vancouver, one of the most livable cities in the world and home to some of the best places to eat. But it is assuring to know that the next time I visit, I can use Joey's postings as a food guide. Yum-o!)
Lest you think the above mere coincidence, I assure you the eerie similarities continue. He currently lives in Vancouver, and for the longest time I have wished to live there myself. He loves chocolate, as do I. He seems witty, I enjoy his wit. I could go on, but I have given myself the chills.
I suggest you check out his blog, even if you aren't a Stargate fan or food gourmand. A regular feature of his postings is the fun he has responding to email scammers, which is always good for a few laughs. (Also check out his posting while on vacation last November in Hong Kong. Swedish massage anyone?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment