Well, tonight is the night. At the stroke of midnight this evening as Friday, the 20th of July turns into the 21st, the seventh and final book of the Harry Potter series goes on sale. This is probably not news to anybody, as the approaching date and hour have been mentioned ad nauseum by all media outlets.
And where will I be at the appointed hour? I'll be waiting in line at my local Borders bookstore, as part of a worldwide mob of Muggles, eager to plunk down some coinage for our own little copies of history in the making.
It's not that I'm a Harry Potter fanatic like some others, really I'm not. (This isn't denial, by the way.) In fact I haven't even read a single one of the prior six books, not a one. Okay, so I listened to every one of the CD audio books from local public library. (In my opinion, Jim Dale is just perfect as the narrator, don't you agree?) And I have seen everyone of the movies made thus far, multiple times. And I do have the occasional Harry Potter desktop wallpaper here and there on my laptop. But that does not make a nutter.
What I am is a person who enjoys good stories and storytelling, and that is what the Harry Potter series is to me -- a cracking good tale full of adventure, emotions, and life lessons. J.K. Rowling has outdone herself with the wonderful characters and stories she has spun over the years.
It's been fun, I've had a great time, and I know I'm not alone. Millions of others across the globe have shared and enjoyed it too. Which is why unlike the previous times, I'm gonna take part in the frenzy and fun of a Harry Potter book release.
Even if you haven't reserved your own copy of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" for tonight's release, why not just head on down to your local bookstore and take part in the festivities? If this is going to be the last book, then why not have a blast? And why not share the experience with others? Collective experiences of this nature are rare enough as it is.
Years later, at least you can honestly say you were there too when history was made.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment